Russ Glickman, Founder & Principal
Russ Glickman is a master builder with a heart of gold and a passion that produces exquisite results for his clients. Almost born with a hammer in his hand, Russ helps his clients to articulate their dreams for their homes and translate them into reality. Simply put, he and his team of experts create beautiful living spaces that clients can enjoy every day.
“Glickman is the Wizard of Inner Space.”
– LUXURY HOMES MAGAZINE
Russ Glickman was recently named one of the Top 50 Remodelers in the nation by Remodeling Magazine. Each year since 1986, the Remodeling Big50 inducts 50 owners of remodeling companies that have set exceptionally high standards for professionalism and integrity through exemplary business practices, craftsmanship, and impact in their community or the industry at large. With 40 National and Local Awards under his belt, Russ Glickman draws upon his lifelong passion for building to create innovative living spaces that improve the quality of life for all of his clients.
Russ Glickman with son Mikie
As the parent of a child with Cerebral Palsy, and having been a primary caretaker for an aging parent, he is well-versed in the unique needs, and sensitives of families where physical disability is part of their day-to-day life. That knowledge benefits you because Russ can design your home to have better resale value – to meet the needs of the ever growing number of baby boomers who will eventually need houses which will work better.
Along with his team of highly-skilled professionals, Russ Glickman has garnered 40 national and local awards for exceptional creativity, superior quality, excellent craftsmanship and unsurpassed customer satisfaction.
- Better Business Bureau Seal of Approval
- National Association Of the Remodeling Industry
- National Association of Home Builders
- Green Building Institute
- Previously on the board of directors of Homeowner Warranty Corporation
- Maryland Improvement Contractors Association
- Maryland National Capitol Building Industry Association
- Lead-Safe Certified Firm
- Service Magic Approved Remodeler – 5-STAR Rated
Russell C. Glickman, CR, CAPS, CEAC, GACP, EPA CR
Expertly trained in general renovations plus accessible design and remodeling, plus 21 years of personal experience with a special needs child.
Wayne Jackson, Project Manager
Wayne Jackson, Glickman Design Build’s Project Manager, has more than 45 years of construction experience spanning architectural and structural drafting to carpentry, project management and design sales. His career includes completing training at the United States Navy Trade School as well as satellite assembly training, and a multi-year career at NASA. Mr. Jackson has received many awards over the course of his career recognizing his exceptional management and technical skills. He is particularly skilled at devising creative and highly-functional solutions to challenging construction problems. His creativity, depth of skill and attention to detail can be seen in each project he manages as part of the Glickman Design Build team.
Mr. Jackson holds the following certifications:
- Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC)
- Certified Remodeler (CR)
- Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler (CKBR)
- Green Certified Professional (GCP)
- Certified Lead Safety (EPA)
Jill S. Hardy, Senior Project Designer
Jill Hardy is a recent addition to the Glickman Design Build team. Read about her award winning bathroom design in this case study: Universal Design Bathroom – Bethesda, MD.
Her experience and qualifications are summarized in this list:
- Case Design Remodeling. Inc. (12 years)
- The Kitchen Guild (2 years )
- Senior, award winning kitchen and bath designer with over nineteen years of experience in design and remodeling.
- She has won numerous National Awards, including Contractor of the Year Award from National Association of Remodelers, Chrysalis Award for First Place Kitchen Addition.
- She most recently, won the Chrysalis Award and CotY award for Universal Design Bathroom featured in Qualified Remodelers Magazine.
- Most recently specializing in “Aging in Place”, “Universal Design”, and “ADA compliant spaces. Kitchen and bath designs featured in national newspapers and magazines. Capabilities include reconfiguration of existing spaces to expansion of floor plans.
- Other areas of design focus include: Entire house, basement, mudroom, laundry room, closet/dressing room and built-in furniture design. Interior design skills are selection of paint colors, window treatments, fabrics and furniture for spaces.
- Experienced commercial illustrator.
- Photography training.
- Experienced in “high-end” retail buying and merchandising.
Her educational credentials follow:
- University of Cincinnati School of Design, Art and Architecture (Two years in design program). (Cincinnati, Ohio).
- Parsons, the New School of Design. (Three years in design program). ( New York City, New York) Associate Degree in Fashion Illustration.
- The New School for Social Research. (Three years in Fine Arts program). (New York City, New York) Bachelor of Fine Arts. Completed NKBR course (National Kitchen and Bath Remodeler).
- Certified in “Experience Green” course by National Kitchen and Bath Association.
- Education in Universal, ADA compliant, and” Aging- in- Place” design.
Introducing the collection of Jill Hardy, Glickman Senior Project Designer: